Dog sofa beds can provide your pooch with comfort, warmth, security and the opportunity to sleep on a raised bed. Many dog owners seek out a sofa bed for their dog in order to wean them off the human sofa and onto their very own comfy sofa.
Other dog parents consider purchasing a sofa bed for their dog simply because they want a bed that’s more stylish than traditional dog beds. How so? Dog sofa beds are typically designed with not only function in mind but also with style considerations.
In other words, many sofa beds are elegant, modern and smart looking. Thereby giving the dog owner the chance to find a dog bed that matches their home interior styling and aesthetic, while also ensuring their pooch is comfortable.
If you’re looking for a comfy, relaxing sofa bed for your dog, that’s also stylish and good value for money, then read on to discover the 5 best dog sofa beds UK in 2023.
Our Top Picks
This dog sofa bed by Fur Paws provides your pet pooch with with comfortable and snug place to rest and sleep. The outer material is soft plush material, while it’s stuffed with firm but soft foam-like material.
An important feature of this pet bed is the fact it has removable covers that are also machine washable. This allows you to simply unzip the covers and put them in the washing machine. Since the covers are removable, it means they can be easily replaced if required.
The sofa bed has raised arms and a raised back, so that your dog will feel like they’re sitting on their very own sofa, and will perhaps stop using your sofa to relax on!
The bed comes in 3 sizes, S, M and L. With the large size bed being suitable for a medium sized dog like a labrador (up to 30kg weight).
- Removable and washable covers makes it easy to keep the bed clean
- Plush material that’s very soft and warm to the touch.
- Looks and acts just like a sofa for humans, meaning you dog will probably love it.
- Made from high quality robust materials to give the bed durability.
- The bed comes in multiple colours, allowing you to find a colour that matches your home interior.
- Excellent value for money
- Removable and washable covers
- Robust and long lasting
- Suitable for medium breed dogs like labradors
- Very soft and comfy for your dog
- Not suitable for large breed dogs
This PawHut dog sofa bed is a luxurious bed that gives your dog a sumptuous and inviting place to relax and rest. It’s appearance resembles a high quality and modern sofa that wouldn’t look out of place in a central London penthouse apartment.
The bed is made from three different materials. First you have the solid wooden frame which offers durability for daily use. The wooden frame is then wrapped in PU leather, which gives it a stylish and modern look. Then there is a the very soft plush seat which is smooth and silky and offers warmth.
The seat itself is filled with a soft tactile foam, giving your dog the comfort and cosy feeling they enjoy.
The bed is easy to clean since the PU leather can be easily wiped down and repels liquids naturally.
- Stylish dog sofa bed with high sides and back to ensure your dog doesn’t fall off.
- Soft plush seat filled with a tactile and firm foam that gives your dog comfort and warmth.
- The solid wooden frame is covered in PU leather which is very easy to wipe down and clean.
- Maximum load on the bed is 15kg, which makes it suitable for small breeds and *some* medium breed dogs.
- Non-slip rubber feet to prevent bed from moving and protect your floor from damage.
- PU leather material makes it easy to keep clean
- Soft plush seat with tactile foam filling giving your dog comfort
- Non-slip feet which also protect your floor from damage
- High quality materials used and very stylish
- Only suitable for dogs up to 15kg in weight
This dog sofa bed from Pets Bed Direct is designed to be durable, robust and long lasting, hence it’s name ‘Heavy Duty Dog Sofa Bed’. And it does indeed combine function and form.
The outer material is hypoallergenic that’s been treated to make it liquid repellent. Not only that, the covers can removed and put in the washing making, making it very easy to clean.
The base of the bed is made from firm yet tactile seating foam. This gives your dog warmth, support and cushion. The raised arms and back make your dog feel like they’re sitting on a proper sofa, as well as giving them a sense of protection.
This heavy duty dog bed also comes with a pillow, giving your dog extra support and comfort.
- Heavy duty dog bed built to take the rough and tumble of daily use.
- Bed cover is removable and washable – just put it in the washing machine.
- Material is hypoallergenic that’s been treated to make it liquid resistant.
- Base of bed is made from firm yet tactile foam cushion giving your dog softness and support.
- Maximum load on the bed is 18kg, which makes it suitable for small breeds and *some* medium breed dogs.
- Fantastic value for money
- Removable and machine washable bed covers
- Durable and long lasting dog bed
- Comes with additional pillow giving your dog even more comfort
- Some buyers reported their dogs were able to chew through the material
This dog bed is another in our review article that ticks all the boxes for style and design. It’s an elegant dog sofa bed with a soft velvety touch, giving your dog a feeling of warmth and luxury.
The seat is a soft, firm and tactile sponge material which is calming for your dog and gives them a place to nuzzle into and rest. Not to mention the raised sides and back giving your dog a feeling of security.
The cover of the seat cushion is removable and machine washable, making it easy and convenient to keep clean.
The dog bed has a solid wood frame and features non-slip rubber feet. The rubber feet offer protection to your floor, reducing the chance of scratching, marking or damaging your floors.
- Soft, sumptuous and luxurious dog sofa bed with a soft, smooth and velvety material that’s perfect for your dog.
- Removable seat cover that’s washable, enabling you to keep the bed clean with ease.
- Hardwood solid frame, providing robustness and durability.
- The seat is filled with a soft, firm and tactile sponge material. Ensuring your dog is comfortable and relaxed.
- Maximum load on the bed is 10kg, making suitable for small breed dogs only.
- Very affordable and highly rated
- Soft velvety material makes your dog feel safe, warm and secure
- Non-slip rubber feet protect your floors from damage
- Removable and washable seat cover
- Replacement seat covers are not readily available
This PawHut dog sofa bed is designed for smaller dogs of around 6kg in weight or less. It’s perfect for dogs like chihuahuas, yorkshire terriers, or maltese dogs.
The bed is made from solid wood giving a feeling of sturdiness and robustness, despite being fairly lightweight. The covering material is a soft plush material that gives your dog warmth and comfort.
The raised back and sides of the bed give your dog a feeling of security, and also ensure young puppies won’t fall off the bed.
The seat is filled with a supportive tactile foam. The foam is soft while being firm and helping to alleviate pressure on your dog’s joints when resting or sleeping.
The seat cover is removable and machine washable, making the dog bed easy to keep clean.
- Soft plush material gives your dog warmth and comfort while also being easy to wipe down or vacuum clean.
- Solid wood frame construction that’s gives the bed durability, while also being lightweight.
- The seat cushion is soft tactile foam that gives your dog comfort and helps to alleviate joint pain.
- The seat cover is removable and machine washable, making it easy to clean.
- Anti-slip rubber feet keep bed in place when jumped on and also protect your floor form damage.
- Designed for smaller breed dogs. Maximum load on the bed is 6kg.
- Removable and machine washable seat cover
- Robust solid wood frame providing durability
- Soft plush material giving your dog warmth and comfort
- Firm and tactile seat cushion helps to prevent and alleviate joint pain
- Some buyers have reported it was smaller than expected
Dog Sofa Bed Buying Guide
If you’re thinking about buying a sofa bed for your dog, then you may find it’s not a straight forward process as there are lots of different types of sofa beds available. Not to mention the different colours and styles. Or you may be in the ‘undecided’ camp and aren’t sure whether it’s worth buying a dog sofa bed. Wherever you’re at in the consideration process, we’ve put together a buyer’s guide to help you make a decision on whether to buy a sofa bed for your dog, and what to look for.
Why Buy A Sofa Bed For Dogs?
We’ve spoken to many different dog parents and they have different reasons for buying a dog settee, but they can generally be summarised as below:
1. They want to persuade their dog to stop sitting or sleeping on the couch as this results in the couch getting covered with hairs and getting very smelly. However, their pooch has been resistant to all attempts to lure them from the couch. These dog parents then look for ‘dog sized’ sofas to tempt their dog away from the human couch and onto their very own snuggly sofa.
2. Some dog owners find traditional dog beds don’t fit in with the or aesthetic of their homes. As a result, they’re looking for something more stylish. These dog owners want to ensure their pet pooch has a warm and comfy bed, while also staying within the styling of their home.
For some dog owners, it’s combination of both points, for others it’s simply the fact they look modern and smart.
Dog Sofa Bed Material Types
Dog sofa beds are made using a variety of different materials. Read on to find out about the materials used and what you should look for when choosing a sofa bed for your dog.
Dog sofa beds can have velvety soft surface material, or use thick plush material, genuine leather, PU leather, or vegan leather. Generally speaking, most dog sofa beds in the lower to mid range will feature soft velvet like material, or plush or PU leather.
The higher end dog sofa beds will have genuine leather, and some are even made with sheepskin!
You will find that most dog sofa beds are either soft velvet like material, or using leather of various types. If you prefer a think long hair plush material, then we’d suggest buying a doughnut dog bed, as these beds mostly made using 4cm think plush.
If you’re aiming for a lower to mid range dog sofa bed, then make sure the plush is durable yet soft, you want your dog to be snug and cosy.
It can also be an idea to purchase a dog sofa bed that’s made with PU leather or vegan leather, as this allows for easy cleaning. You could just dampen a cloth in clean water and wipe it down.
Your dog sofa bed will have a seat cushion in order to give your pooch comfort. This cushion material is likely to be made of regular foam that’s widely used in seats, sofas and chairs.
With that said, it’s recommended that you look for foam that’s soft, tactile and yet firm. Ideally, you’d want the foam grade to be a high density seating grade foam, these are known as Reflex 40 H. If the grade of foam is not made clear then if the product has any reviews, check to see what they say about the quality of the seat cushion.
If you’re looking to give your pooch the real royal treatment, then look for a dog sofa bed that uses memory foam as its seat cushion material.
Memory foam offers superior comfort and support compared to seating grade foam as it absorbs your dog’s weight while distributing it evenly. This can be especially beneficial for your dog if they have joint paint.
Removable Dog Sofa Bed Covers
It’s a given that you’ll want to keep your dog sofa bed clean and fresh. Therefore, it’s recommended that you buy a bed that has a removable and washable seat cover. In reality, the best dogs beds in the UK would always have removable covers. This makes it easy to keep the bed clean and extend its life.
It would also be recommended that you buy a sofa bed where all the surface material is removable and washable. In this article we’ve reviewed Fur Paws – Faux Fur Pet Sofa and Heavy Duty Black Pet Sofa Bed, and the entire sofa covering for both of them are removable and machine washable.
Benefits Of A Dog Sofa Bed
Dog sofa beds have several benefits for your dog, these include:
Dog Sofa Can Help You Reclaim Your Own Human Sofa
Many dog owners buy a dog sofa bed as their pooch won’t stay off the normal sofa. Of course we all want our dog to be comfy and snug, but we don’t want dog hairs all over our sofa either! Therefore, a dog sofa bed can be used to wean your dog off the main sofa and onto their own snug and cosy sofa.
Dog Sofa Beds Give Your Dog comfort and a sense of Security
Be design, dog sofa beds have raised arms and a raised back. They enclose your dog in warmth and comfort. This makes them feel relaxed and secure.
Additionally, the raised arms and back ensure that a young pup won’t fall off the bed.
Dog sofa Beds Provide Head And Neck Support
Donut dog beds have raised arms , and these are critical to ensuring your dog enjoys their bed. As long as the bed is made from good quality materials, the raised arms will give your dog secure head and neck support, helping your pooch feel secure and tranquil.
Dog Sofa Beds Are Stylish And Contemporary
Let’s face it, sofas for dogs are just so cute! These little mini sofas are so stylish and their aesthetic can fit in beautifully in any modern home, enhancing your interior and décor.